1953- Mt. Zion Baptist Church (now Wildwood Baptist) launches a Sunday afternoon children's Bible study intended to minister to
children living at Blandy's Trailer Court. Shortly after, an adult outreach is started.
1954- First meeting of Montrose Mission Church. Rev. Ralph Neighbor Jr. pastors bi-vocationally while working for Billy Graham Evangelistic Films.
1954- Purchase of abandoned Church building with parsonage and shed. Building is dedicated on August 15, 1954.
1955- The Montrose mission church is incorporated on July 7th as Montrose Baptist Church.
1956- Ralph Neighbor leaves; Rev. Robert D. Crowely is called as pastor.
1958- Montrose begins construction of a new church building at 5100 Randolph Rd in Rockville.. First worship service is held on December 21st.
1968- Montrose opens a part-time Nursery school.
1969- Work begun on present Worship Center. First service held Easter 1970.
1971- Montrose Day Care opened.
1977- Montrose Christian School is launched with two kindergarten classes.
1995- Pastor Robert D. Crowley retires.
1996- Church calls Dr. Otis Ray Hope as pastor.
1997- Multi-Cultural Language Ministries were established.
2002- Dr. Otis Ray Hope leaves.
2007- Dr. Ken Fentress called as Senior Pastor.
Throughout our history the mission of Montrose has remained the same: to make disciples of all nations by faithfully proclaiming the Biblical Gospel. We welcome you to come and worship with us on Sunday Mornings.